Black Dots on Bathroom Walls or Ceilings – What to Do
Keeping your bathroom sanitary for regular use is essential for the health and wellbeing of yourself and your family. But regardless of how much time you put into cleaning, you may notice black dots along the ceilings or tiled walls in your shower or near your bathtub. Most often, these dots are mildew or mold growth.
Ensuring mildew and microbial growth stay out of bathrooms and kitchens is challenging since these rooms involve regular water usage. Some bathrooms also lack the correct ventilation for proper drying and moisture control. AdvantaClean has compiled a helpful guide with everything you need to know about suspected mold growth.
Microbial Development in Bathrooms is Common
Once you suspect fungal growth in your bathroom, you may wonder if you have not been cleaning adequately. Remember that bathrooms are mildew and mold magnets, so cleaning habits are not usually the cause.
In addition to bathrooms, other areas of your home where you may spot mold issues include kitchens, laundry rooms, and basements. Fungus loves warm, moist environments that create the perfect place to grow. Some of the more common species found in bathrooms include the following:
The key to fighting mold growth is remaining diligent, always looking for mold, and acting as soon as possible. If you see or suspect mold growth, hiring professionals for mold cleanup and remediation is best to ensure it gets handled safely and effectively.
What Causes Bathroom Mold Development?
Remember that mold does not require a dirty, grimy space to thrive. Some of the most common causes of microbial colonization include:
- Excessive moisture or water leaks
- Lack of proper ventilation
- Organic food sources such as wood and various surfaces
- Dark spaces
- Optimum temperatures, usually low 70s with some humidity
Mold is everywhere in the world around us, so it can easily find its way into bathrooms and other areas of your home. Spores release into the air, moving into other spaces where they can grow and reproduce.
Should I Worry About Bathroom Mold Development?
Microbial growth can negatively impact your daily life and your home. Partnering with mold remediation professionals ensures effective results so that you can breathe easy knowing that the problem has been handled. When you call AdvantaClean for bathroom mold cleanup, we will:
- Arrive promptly and set up containment measures with poly sheeting and negative air pressure systems.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment, i.e., coveralls, boots, gloves, goggles, and respirators.
- Collect air and surface samples to send to a lab for testing if needed.
- Use specialized equipment like vacuums and air scrubbers with HEPA filtration to pull up and contain spores effectively.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize using EPA-registered cleaning agents and anti-microbial solutions.
- Perform odor control services to return your indoor air quality to optimum levels.
Don’t Ignore the Signs of Bathroom Mold Growth
While some signs of microbial issues will be apparent, other times, they might hide out of sight. Once you see patches or colonies, you must call professional technicians as soon as possible for treatment, as it’s likely there is additional mold you can’t see on the surface. These are a few common signs of moisture control problems and mold development:
- Musty, earthy odors
- Warped, buckled, or cracked materials
- Moisture sources without much light exposure
- Dark spots that continually grow larger
If you feel you have a looming mildew or mold problem in your bathroom, AdvantaClean is here to help. Call us at 877.800.2382, and we can send our team out to solve your mold issue.
When you call AdvantaClean, you can feel confident that you have skilled, trusted technicians in your corner to provide high-quality mold remediation services.