AdvantaClean Manages Flood Damage Affecting Buford Properties
Should Experts Remove and Dry Out Buford Floods?
Responding to flood damage in Buford is a potentially hazardous and frequently complicated undertaking. Collecting, containing, and disposing of flooding must follow strict research-based guidelines. Safeguards taught to AdvantaClean professionals during the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training ensure that building occupants and work crews remain protected from structural weakening and infectious organisms and dangerous substances throughout the project.
What Events Cause Food Damage to Spread Throughout Properties?
Flooding in Buford can link to various natural disasters and external and internal mechanical failures. The source of the fluids impacts how our technicians approach the mitigation and remediation of the resulting harm and any lingering effects such as malodors and mold outbreaks.
● External forces resulting in flood water collecting and pooling in various spaces of your property include:
● Extreme weather over time as when precipitation “trains” in repeated waves across the Buford area every few hours or several days in a row, soaking the ground and seeping through foundations
● A single severe storm deposits significant quantities of torrential rain, sometimes involving exterior damage that permits water to spread into many interior levels alongside overland flooding into basements, crawl spaces, and other low lying building spaces
● Saturation of the ground around the perimeter of a home or commercial building because of clogged, aging, missing, or improperly installed gutters and downspouts, or poorly planned landscaping
● Breaks in municipal supply or waste lines allowing fluids to flow into a home or business
● Internal problems that cause localized or comprehensive flood damage include:
○ Burst pipes or toilet or waste line backups
○ Appliance malfunctions, for example, ruptured water heaters, broken dish or clothes washer pumps, and cracked supply or waste hoses
○ Spray, spills, and overflows from showerheads, tubs, and sinks, exacerbated if grout or caulk is missing or exhibits cracks
How Important Is Tracing Water Migration During Flood Damage Restoration?
The detection of the many moisture pathways followed after the water emergency is a crucial intervention when AdvantaClean assesses Buford flood damage. We scope out the moisture migration throughout affected spaces for two fundamental reasons.
● First, we determine where the flood waters spread for the safety of occupants and our workers. If substantial quantities of water hide in building cavities, the risk of structural collapse is real, threatening injury or potential loss of life.
● Second, we must establish the extent and perimeters of the flood damage, even if trapped under or behind several layers of building materials.
How Does AdvantaClean Use Moisture Detection and Measurement Data During Buford Flood Damage Restoration?
All standing and trapped fluids require detection and measurement so our IICRC-trained technicians can extract the liquids as completely as possible. Then we rely on our knowledge of psychrometry (the science of drying) to facilitate the evaporation of absorbed flooding from structural components, fixtures, and contents. Our technicians receive advanced instruction to operate sensitive moisture detection and metering tools, periodically retesting to monitor further water migration. We also establish and track the progress made toward achieving drying goals. Flood removal and drying equipment include commercial-grade:
● Submersible pumps
● Truck-mounted and portable extractors
● Low profile air movers
What Strategies Do Professional Restorers Use to Handle Contaminated Water Safely?
Overland flood damage exposes occupants and AdvantaClean technicians to the risks of Category 3 water, the most contaminated. Human pathogens from sewage, dead animals, industrial and household chemicals, and known dangers such as asbestos and lead are just some possible dangers. Our employees don personal protective equipment (PPE), employ negative pressure air scrubbers in workspaces, and use EPA-registered cleaners and antimicrobials. We contain the dirty fluids and dispose of them according to Buford area hazardous waste regulations.
The safety hazards and permanent structural damage issues posed by contaminated water make reliance on AdvantaClean of Norcross and Buford the wise choice.
AdvantaClean of Norcross and Buford
3050 Business Park Drive # D
Norcross, GA 30071