Weathering the Storm: Safeguarding Your Home with Hurricane Preparation Tips
Call AdvantaClean for Hurricane Response 24/7
June 1st through November 30th marks hurricane season along the Atlantic Coast. Whenever there is a combination of high winds and pelting rain from a hurricane, it spells trouble for any home in its wake. Now is the time to prepare your home for hurricane season. AdvantaClean wants area residents to know the best ways to stay ahead of the storm to reduce property damage. However, if you are impacted by hurricane or other storm damage our team is standing by 24/7.
Keep the following in mind as you prepare for hurricane season:
- Review your homeowner's insurance policy: Take the time to assess your risk and ask any questions you have regarding coverage. Knowing what your policy covers and what it does not will be beneficial. Note – you should also keep your agent's contact information in your phone.
- Roofing and leak inspection: Any existing roof damage can worsen during extreme weather. Look at unsealed shingles, inspect skylights, and be sure your chimney is safe and sound before the storm.
- Secure your soffits: Did you know that water can infiltrate your home if you have unsecured soffits? If you need help securing the soffits, call professionals before the hurricane season is in full swing.
- Check on your gutter system: Heavy rains can lead to ceiling leaks or basement damage without proper water diversion. Always ensure debris gets cleaned out from your gutters and that your downspouts extend away from the home to divert water properly.
- Trim the trees: Any trees in your yard can be a potential threat with high winds. Have trees trimmed and remove any branches that hang over your home. Removing any dying, dead, or diseased trees is also wise.
- Service your generator: If you have a generator, take the time to have it serviced so it is up and running for you if you experience a power outage.
- Home inventory: Wise homeowners take the time to document belongings before storm season. If you suffer a loss during a hurricane, you will have an itemized list ready for your insurance company.
AdvantaClean is Here 24/7 for Disaster Response
Having water damage restoration technicians you can trust when the unexpected happens can provide peace of mind in a stressful situation. AdvantaClean is ready to mobilize day or night if your home is impacted by high winds and flooding from a hurricane. We mobilize fast and bring alternative power sources to work should your electricity get knocked out. Some of the steps you will benefit from when having us in your corner after a hurricane include:
- Thorough assessment of your interior to formulate a safe, efficient plan for restoration.
- Board-up and tarping services to protect your interior from the elements during water mitigation and remediation.
- Containment measures to keep contaminated water and debris from impacting unaffected areas of your home.
- Rapid water removal services and moisture control to speed up the drying process.
- Detailed disinfection and sanitizing of all surfaces.
- Odor control services to ensure no lingering odors get left behind.
Not only is AdvantaClean ready to help 24/7 should disaster strike, but we also take steps to ensure your insurance claim goes smoothly. Once you finish hurricane season prep, know that our team is ready to assist with water damage cleanup.