AdvantaClean of Badgerland Our Work
Location: Mequon, WI 53092
Problem: The homeowner contacted AdvantaClean after having an air test done in the basement. The air test showed several types of mold were present in the basement behind a beautiful built-in bar. The homeowner was concerned because she was expecting their first child and her mom has health concerns. We determined that the bar would have to be torn out and inside the wall would have to be treated.
Solution: We determined that the moisture got in through the foundation due to improper connection of a down spout. We removed the entire bar and found moisture inside the walls along with mold in several places. We removed all the material with mold and put a drying protocol in place. Post inspection showed that we had gotten all of the mold and had dried-out the inside of the wall. The homeowner fixed the downspout and no more water got into the basement. While disappointed at the loss of the bar, the homeowner plans to put in a home gym in its place.
Location: Germantown, WI 53022
Problem: A Germantown, WI condominium association had a routine fire inspection in their 3 building complex. For the most part, things went well however the fire inspector instructed them to have the dryer vents cleaned as they had excess lint in them and were, therefore, a potential fire hazard.
Solution: The condo association called AdvantaClean to take care of cleaning the vents. The cleaning process posed a number of challenges. First was that each building had a single exterior vent pipe that connected 5 or 6 individual dryers to. Cleaning that pipe was tricky! The second challenge was that many of the vents were long, some up to 50 feet. Fortunately, we had the equipment and the know-how to get the job done in less than a day. All three buildings now have clean dryer vents. Their dryers are more efficient and cheaper to run and, more importantly, they are in compliance with the fire department.
Location: Saukville, WI 53080
Problem: After only a week on the market, these homeowners got an offer on their duplex, at asking price no less. They were thrilled until they got the call -- the buyer's home inspector found mold in the attic and the buyer is rescinding their offer. Disappointed but determined, the homeowner called AdvantaClean of Badgerland.
Solution: We got the call on the weekend and by Monday morning we were up in the homeowner's attic doing our inspection. They did indeed have a mold problem and they needed it gone fast. They had several showings scheduled for the week and they wanted to make sure there would not be any further issues. As luck would have it, we had a crew available that very next day and were able to finish by lunchtime. Any future home inspections won't find anything growing in that attic!
Location: Glendale, WI 53217
Problem: A home inspection as part of the sale of the home uncovered a mold issue in the attic. AdvantaClean of Badgerland was called to do a further inspection of the attic. We discovered at least three different kinds of mold thriving in the attic space. The homeowner asked AdvantaClean to take care of the issue.
Solution: The attic access was fortunately in an empty bedroom. AdvantaClean technicians built a large containment area to make sure none of the mold escaped from the attic. The crew then "double-teamed" the attic vacuuming all the surfaces and spraying anti-microbial agents to kill the mold and remove the stains left behind. The result was a safe attic and a satisfied homeowner.