$1500 Opportunity: The Kyle gohr leadership scholarship
This scholarship was inspired by an AdvantaClean employee. As a military veteran, Kyle saw firsthand how PTSD and substance abuse affected those around him, after coming back from deployment. Rather than stand on the sidelines, his passion is to work for Veterans Affairs as a counselor, and is currently pursuing his degree. The founding of AdvantaClean started with a mission to help people, and we couldn't be more proud to support Kyle in his venture.
That is why the Kyle Gohr Leadership Scholarship was started. In Kyle's honor, we would like to broaden our support, by offering a $1500 scholarship to those pursuing a degree in mental health. For AdvantaClean, this is a way for us recognize and say thank you for the sacrifices people like Kyle make to better our communities.
How to apply
Respond: Write a 500-600 word essay or create a 3-5 minute YouTube video around one of the topics listed below.
- If you had the authority to change the people’s lives who suffer from mental health in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?
- Describe your most meaningful achievement and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
- AdvantaClean’s core values are Community, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Service. Describe how you embody one of our values and what it means to you.
Submit: Email your essay or Youtube URL to scholarship[at]advantaclean.com, and include the following information:
- Full Name:
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- Name of College or University:
- Class (freshman, sophomore etc.):
A Few Tips:
- Submit your own work. Plagiarized content will disqualify your submission.
- Essay responses that are fewer than 500 words will not be eligible to win. For more information on Kyle Gohr, check out his appearance on UnderCover Boss.
- The submission deadline for this contest is 12:00pm EST on November 15th 2017.
- Applicants must be majoring in a degree related to mental health.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States.
- All applicants must be either: (1) a high school senior graduating or earning a GED who will enroll as a freshman at a two-year or four-year college or university in spring 2018, or (2) a student enrolled during the 2018-19 academic year on a full-time basis and in good academic standing at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or in an accredited graduate school program.
By participating in this scholarship program, each applicant expressly: (A) releases AdvantaClean, its affiliates and their respective employees and agents from any liability or claim of any kind or nature for any loss, claim, damages or injury of any kind associated with participation in this program and acceptance, possession or use of any prize; (B) accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules and AdvantaClean’s decisions relating to participation in the program, selection of recipients and awarding of scholarship, all such decisions being final; and (C) The recipients must complete an affidavit of eligibility and release (to be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian, if a recipient is a minor), on forms to be provided by AdvantaClean. The recipients must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or grad student in the spring semester of 2018 without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service. It is the recipient’s responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify AdvantaClean should the award check not arrive on or about 30 days from the issue date. By entering, each applicant represents that his/her submission is a work of original authorship by the applicant, and agrees that AdvantaClean will have a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use the submission in any manner. AdvantaClean reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, including without limitation: materials not suitable for general public viewing; obscene, lewd or offensive materials; the use of third party content or other materials not authored by the applicant; and materials previously published or entered into any other competition. AdvantaClean is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or illegible submissions, faulty transmissions, or submissions containing any virus or other system malfunction. Judges’ decisions are final. Any taxes are recipient’s responsibility. AdvantaClean reserves the right to alter, discontinue or cancel this program at any time without notice for any reason. Only one entry per person will be accepted.