Duct Cleaning: How to – What is Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the process of eliminating dust, mold and other contaminants from your heating and air conditioning system ductwork.
According to the EPA, “Air duct cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.”
Indoor air pollution has been identified as a top environmental health risk in the US and air duct cleaning has shown to greatly reduce indoor air contaminants, making your home a healthier place to live.
Air duct cleaning can also greatly improve your home HVAC system’s efficiency. When your air ducts are clean and air is flowing freely, your HVAC system does not have to work as hard and less power is used, lowering your monthly energy bills!
Call AdvantaClean at 877-800-2382 for air duct cleaning.
Duct Cleaning: How to clean air ducts according to NADCA standards.
AdvantaClean follows the rigorous standards set forth by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) when performing air duct cleaning.
Our courteous and professionally trained air duct cleaning technicians use the following process:
- Our crews will show up at your home on time, in an AdvantaClean branded vehicle.
- Our technicians will greet you and carefully review the services you have requested, explaining our air duct cleaning process in detail.
- Your home will be prepared for air duct cleaning, ensuring that all vents and returns are accessible, and placing protective flooring covers and corner guards where necessary.
- Our technicians will carefully seal your vents and returns before the duct cleaning begins, and put your air conditioning ducts under negative pressure to maximize air flow.
- We will connect a powerful vacuum device to your main trunk line, which will collect dirt, dust, mold and other contaminants that will be dislodged during the air duct cleaning.
- High pressured compressed air whips will be inserted into the ductwork to dislodge the dirt and debris, which will be collected in the containment unit.
- After the duct cleaning process is complete, we will seal the access hole in your main trunk line with a metal access panel, according to NADCA standards.
- Our technician will review your air duct cleaning project with you to ensure your satisfaction, and answer any questions you may have.