Reputable Mold Remediation Company in Chapin
Calling a local Mold Remediation Company
When you suspect mildew or other microbial organisms infesting your home or business, you ponder various questions and concerns about how to eliminate the problem. If members of your family, employees, or the general public complain of symptoms that might link to the mold, concerns escalate to fear and even panic. Deciding whether to try to manage the issues yourself or find a high-quality Chapin mold remediation company is an added struggle. If you lean towards hiring professionals to assist, how do you find a trustworthy contractor?
Mold in Your House
AdvantaClean of West Columbia insists that leading Chapin mold remediation companies respect and inform their potential customers, starting with an explanation of the origin of the problem. How does a mold infestation start?
- Spores are the “seeds” of a mold outbreak.
- Spores exist everywhere inside homes and businesses, too tiny and numerous to remove.
- Dry spores cause few problems.
- When spores encounter and absorb water, they grow and reproduce within 24 to 48 hours.
- They seek organic surfaces to infiltrate and consume, including nearly all conventional building materials and contents.
- The moisture level needed to jump-start their growth can be minimal -- drips from a slightly cracked pipe, unnoticed puddles under cabinets, or even excessive (over 60 percent) relative humidity in a basement, crawl space, bathroom, kitchen, or laundry area.
- They prefer the temperatures found in most buildings and do not need light to thrive.
Don’t Remove Mold Yourself
Often Chapin property owners play a blame game, assuming that mold growth associates with dirty conditions and poor housekeeping. An embarrassment factor leads to desperate attempts to eliminate the problem without expert help. A parallel situation occurs when your business’s cleaning crew tries to rid your commercial spaces of the smells and stains related to microbial overgrowth, maybe without telling you or your managers, worrying that the situation reflects poorly on their work ethic. These scenarios depend on “home remedies,” consumer-grade products purchased online or locally, or increasingly frantic and repetitive general cleaning to remove the offending microbes. Results of DIY mold remediation interventions often fail and even increase the damage:
- Most home and general cleaning options for mold rely on diluted bleach mixtures sprayed on visible organisms and stains.
- Bleach can lighten surface-level stains, giving a false sense of security that the mold needed is gone.
- Diluted cleaners introduce more water into porous materials, deeply absorbed and available to fuel increased microbial growth under the surface.
- Since no light is necessary for fungal growth, hidden infestations in building cavities are common and inaccessible to property owners.
Quick Response for Mold Remediation near Chapin
Effectively coping with rapidly multiplying mold growth requires rapid interventions by trained technicians like the team at AdvantaClean of West Columbia. When providing mold remediation in Chapin, our company follows the protocols of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mastered by our crews through training leading to certifications from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI). We offer proven, research-based strategies:
- Inspection of all areas, even in difficult-to-reach recesses, by a highly-qualified technician experienced in the visible signs of microbial growth and damage
- Sophisticated testing to minimize exploratory demolition when checking for fungal spread into building cavities
- Implementation of safety procedures to protect occupants and technicians, including complete containment of work areas and personal protective equipment (PPE) for technicians
- Mechanical removal of mold colonies and irreparably damaged building materials--bagged and disposed of per local hazardous waste rules
- Residue removal using HEPA-equipped vacuums and spray and wipe methods using EPA-registered cleaners and frequently changed towels.
- Treatment of affected space and surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials
AdvantaClean of West Columbia’s experience in the related water damage restoration industry positions us well to help you plan to avoid mold remediation company interventions in the future. Moisture management is the key to sustaining the Chapin mold remediation our company completes. We help arrange for the resolution of damp conditions and persistent water collection.
Give AdvantaClean of West Columbia a chance to weigh in with the high-quality services we can offer when choosing from among mold remediation companies in Chapin. Call us at (803) 597-2022 to schedule an assessment and to consult about your options.