Lexington Basement Flood Cleanup Challenges and Solutions
Rapid and Safe Lexington Basement Flood Cleanup
After torrential rains and fierce storm winds batter your home or business, substantial quantities of water can intrude into your Lexington basement. Flood cleanup must occur quickly, so partnering with the professionals from AdvantaClean of West Columbia is an intelligent decision. A do-it-yourself response will need to be faster to avoid permanent and secondary damage. Even more concerning are the significant hazards to both building materials and occupants posed by the large amounts of dirty flood water. Our team has the resources to clear out the floodwaters fast and to minimize and manage the following safety risks:
● Water trapped between walls, over ceilings, and beneath floors exerts pressure that can destroy the integrity of structural components.
● If the confined water breaks through, walls and ceilings can collapse. Drywall and other porous building materials crumble.
● Soaked support beams and framing joists can weaken to the point that the components fail to support the expected load.
● Floorboards show warping, and planks might pull entirely away from underlying subfloor layers (buckling).
● Wet electrical lines can cause sparks leading to fire.
● Utility lines ruptured by the force of floodwater can leach gas or oil.
● Materials that stay wet for 24 to 48 hours provide the perfect conditions for mold growth.
Personal and Public Health Concerns
● Standing water and slick conditions, plus weakened structures, increase the risk of slip, trip, and fall issues.
● Submerged and wet electric lines can cause injury and even death through electrocution.
● Because of overwhelmed municipal sanitary systems, sewage backups mix into the flooding, containing pathogens (bacteria, viruses, and fungi) that can cause illness, injury, or even death.
● If mold grows and multiplies, many people complain of irritation and sometimes more severe health effects.
AdvantaClean of West Columbia stresses a fast response when customers need basement flood cleanup in Lexington. We accept calls for assistance around the clock and send out an assessment team as quickly as practical. Our crew members have already prepared for your crisis by obtaining certification from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in contaminated water removal, professional cleaning and disinfection, and structural drying.
Expect our project manager to listen to your concerns intently and inspect the flood damage thoroughly. We consider every situation individually, but most job agendas include:
● A hazard assessment, with controls swiftly put in place for the safety of the occupants and the work crews--examples are temporary shut off of utilities and containment of dangerous spaces
● The assumption that the trapped fluid is heavily contaminated from outside sources (dirt, debris, chemicals for overland flooding) and internal substances (backed-up sewage and toxins from now-exposed building materials such as asbestos and lead)
● Mucking out of dirt, silt, and other debris
● The implementation of water removal strategies using submersible pumps and truck-mounted and portable extractors in the flooded areas--contaminated liquids contained in tanks by AdvantaClean for disposal as hazardous waste off-site per local rules and regulations
● Moisture detection and metering to ensure trapped floodwater is found and evacuated and to determine drying goals
● A thorough cleaning of affected surfaces with EPA-registered products followed by disinfection with EPA-registered antimicrobials
● The creation of an effective drying plan intended to return normal moisture levels in your lower levels
● Placement of low-profile air movers, heaters, and dehumidifiers to accelerate the evaporation of remaining moisture
AdvantaClean of West Columbia offers IICRC-trained technicians and an extensive inventory of commercial-grade equipment to safely remove debris and dirty water after an overland flood or sewage backup. Disinfection and structural drying are vital last steps. Our team diligently monitors moisture levels, eventually meeting established drying goals.
Multiple certifications and experience in all aspects of property disaster restoration support the experts at AdvantaClean of West Columbia during basement flood cleanup. We are available for consultation and provision of emergency services 24/7 at (803) 769-7983.