AdvantaClean of St. Louis South Our Work
Location: Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Problem: We were contacted by a homeowner about radon mitigation. She has stage 4 lung cancer and has never smoked. We installed a system for her neighbor last year and after talking to them she decided to have her home tested. The radon level was found to be twice the level recommended for mitigation. Radon gas is the leading cause of lung cancer deaths for nonsmokers.
Solution: We installed a mitigation system that included a sealed vapor barrier in her crawl space with a suction point and a suction point in her basement. These were connected to piping and a radon suction fan that draws the radon gas out and vents it to the outside. The radon levels are now well below the action level.
Location: O'Fallon, MO 63304
Problem: Mold had formed on bathroom ceiling radiating out from the ceiling exhaust fan. AdvantaClean of St. Louis South was called to remove the mold and determine where the moisture was coming from and causing the mold.
Solution: First we removed the moldy ceiling drywall to get rid of mold and see what was behind the drywall that may be causing the mold issue.
We created a containment area in the bathroom and set up an air scrubber, so no mold was spread to the rest of the house. Next, the ceiling drywall was removed carefully not to damage any of the surrounding walls. After the drywall was removed, there was no apparent source of moisture causing the mold. After trying a couple of things we figured out that the exhaust fan line was connected to the dryer vent line before exiting the house. Turns out every time the dryer was run, it would blow the moist warm air both outside and back through the exhaust fan causing the mold.
The exposed studs were treated with an antimicrobial and exhaust fan was uninstalled and the line was sealed off so the dryer would no longer push air into the bathroom.
Location: Wentzville, MO 63385
Problem: Homeowners master bath overflowed due to the dogs accidentally turning it on while the owner was not home. This caused saturation of the subfloor and pad in the bathroom, master bedroom, closet, upstairs hallway. The water continued to travel affecting the drywall ceilings and upper walls in the laundry room, 1st-floor bathroom, and garage. The garage was located just beneath the bathtub, so most of the water damage was done to the garage ceiling.
Solution: We arrived and first pulled back the carpet in affected areas to expose the saturated pad. The pad was extracted, bagged and then removed until the unaffected pad was reached.
We then set up drying equipment on all affected floors and rooms of the house. The carpet was rolled back out to allow us to place fans underneath to "float" the carpet, drying it out.
The back half of the garage ceiling drywall and insulation was removed to get rid of the moisture trapped within it and allow airflow to the subfloor above.
The drying took 2 days and we were able to save the carpet for the owner.
Location: St. Louis, MO 63112
Problem: Employees of an office were complaining of a dusty work environment along with coughing and minor illnesses.
Solution: We were called in to clean the air ducts to help the air quality of the offices. There were multiple units all located above the drop ceiling in various areas of the large office space.
We first came up with a plan to do the cleaning over a couple of overnights to avoid interrupting business during normal day time hours...taking care of 3-4 units a night.
We cut access holes in the bottom of the units and hooked our vacuum machine up to draw in any duct or contaminants which also supplies negative pressure to ensure no dust or debris escapes into the office space. We then proceed to clean the ductwork with compressed air using various air rods and whips. Once complete, the access holes are sealed up and we moved to the next unit.