Discussing Marietta Mold Removal Basics
Understanding the Mold Removal Process
When facing the need for mold removal in Marietta, property owners understandably worry that resolving the problem will be challenging and a successful outcome difficult to achieve. Hiring a reliable, professional mold removal company like AdvantaClean of Marietta is an excellent first step. We take the opportunity to explain the mold resolution process to customers before beginning the job and communicate transparently throughout all phases of the project. Listening to your experience of the potentially mold-related problems inside your property is a critical part of the two-way conversation needed to remove the damaging fungal outbreak efficiently.
Inspection and Containment
The next step is a thorough inspection by our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI)-trained and certified technicians. Your observations of visible mold growth and musty smells are great starting points for our team. Spores must have moisture to grow into full-fledged mold organisms. We use our training and knowledge of water damage and moisture migration to establish the perimeters of microbial infestation that might extend beyond the areas that initially concerned you. Once we determine where the mold exists, we contain the workspace, wrapping it with polyethylene barriers and using negative-pressure air scrubbers to filter airborne spores and other moldy debris during the job.
Note: Experts rarely suggest mold testing unless required by an insurance carrier or as part of a real estate transaction. Testing can only indicate mold exists somewhere in the building. Locating the actual mold colonies is crucial for accurate physical removal.
Mold Removal Methods
Our team uses various tactics recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to prepare the workspace for the safe dislodging of fungal colonies and to ensure the collection of all debris and residues for lawful disposal. We share with customers how we accomplish these outcomes and are always open to any questions. Expect some or all of the following protections and techniques by AdvantaClean of Marietta for mold removal:
- Workers wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and might build polyethylene-wrapped staging areas adjacent to the contained workspace to confine bagged debris and prevent tracking of residues into unaffected areas.
- Broadcast spraying of antimicrobials can precede removal in the workspace to inhibit airborne drift of spores and residues.
- Scrapers and brushes help break the bonds between the organisms and surfaces.
- Workers assess whether we can save building materials using controlled abrasive media blasting. Soda and dry ice are the standard media used, beneficial when surfaces are irregular or hard to reach, such as surfaces in attics. Compressed air forces the abrasive against the affected materials to disperse the microbial growth.
- HEPA-filtered vacuums and towels, usually microfiber, suction or wipe off residues after mechanical mold removal. Several passes might be necessary to eradicate all residues.
- Technicians double-bag the organisms removed. Porous materials irreparably infested with the mold's hyphae (root-like structures), such as crumbling drywall, insulation, and carpet and padding, also end up wrapped or bagged for disposal.
- We follow local regulations when disposing of moldy materials as hazardous waste.
- The mold removal process concludes with applying EPA-registered antimicrobials on non-cleaned surfaces and in the affected space.
AdvantaClean of Marietta provides mold removal as an essential phase of mold remediation for residents and businesses in our community. Once mold colonies are removed, we work with property owners to eliminate the moisture and repair the water damage underlying the mold growth.
Contact AdvantaClean of Marietta at (470) 819-2077 when you suspect mold infests your home or business. Our IICRC and NORMI-trained crews deliver the mold removal results you need.
AdvantaClean of Marietta
2265 Roswell Road #100, Marietta, GA 30062