AdvantaClean Delivers Comprehensive Marietta Mold Remediation
Mold Remediation? Marietta Homes Can Count on Us
Few property damage issues cause as much anxiety for both residential and commercial owners as mold. Remediation in Marietta is available from AdvantaClean, and our services include clear communications about what to expect during the process to set your mind at ease during the project. Your safety and protection of your family, your employees, and the general public is of the utmost importance during mold removal and cleanup.
We follow the protocol developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to ensure Marietta mold remediation is effective, including steps to minimize the return of an infestation. The workers dispatched to your home or business master the training offered by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) for certification as an Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT).
Causes of Mold Growth and Damage
You might be surprised to learn that mold spores are always around Marietta homes, airborne and settled on surfaces and deep in cracks and crevices in homes and commercial spaces. With the widespread presence of the equivalent of “seeds” for fungi, the relative lack of outbreaks in interiors seems strange, although a welcome respite. When you learn that spores need 24 to 48 hours of exposure to water for their lifecycle to begin, the key to minimizing outbreaks becomes clearer. The IICRC and the EPA stress that moisture management is essential to reduce or eliminate ongoing mold growth. AdvantaClean keeps moisture management in mind when performing mold remediation in Marietta. In particular, we emphasize eliminating lingering water damage, moderating high humidity, and avoiding spillage. We are committed to removing and disposing of a current microbial emergency but also prioritize educating customers, so we are rarely or never called back for another microbial damage problem.
Mold Safety Measures Followed by AdvantaClean
Mold remediation in Marietta is a job our technicians undertake using personal protective equipment (PPE) and workspace containment. The PPE is for their safety but also prevents tracking of debris and residues into your living or working space. Containment of the area with microbial growth includes many or all of these strategies:
● Wrapping of the affected space with heavy-duty plastic (1.6 mil polyethylene)
● Installation of a negative pressure air scrubbing system that forces the contained air through HEPA filters before exhausting to the outdoors
● Taking advantage of the sealing action of the air scrubbing equipment to limit the spread of spores and moldy materials into other areas of your premises
● Removal, bagging, and disposal of the fungal organisms and irreparably damaged building materials proceeds as follows:
● Mechanical scraping and brushing of colonies on solid surfaces, including in building cavities
● Judicious use of controlled abrasives through blasting of soda, dry ice, or corn cobs to loosen fungi infiltrating some porous materials if the blasting materials can also hinder the regeneration of deeply embedded hyphae (the rootlike structures that make up the organisms)
● Vacuuming with HEPA-filtered equipment and wipe down with EPA-registered cleaners to remove residues
● Containing the debris in double bags and disposing of the containers according to local hazardous waste requirements
● Applying EPA-registered antimicrobial products to inhibit mold rebound on cleaned surfaces
● Reviewing moisture vulnerabilities and devising a plan to address leaks, seepage, and spills, and bringing interior relative humidity levels between 50 to 55 percent
Our mission is to empower customers to avoid problems with mold growth and damage after we respond to your current crisis. Excessive amounts of spores and toxic byproducts of fungal outbreaks can affect the health of occupants, and building materials lose strength and deteriorate as the organisms consume them. AdvantaClean of Marietta can help prevent microbial invasions with practical moisture management tips.
When you need mold remediation services, AdvantaClean of Marietta will not disappoint in terms of safety or results. Call (404) 474-8443 to discuss your options and schedule an on-site assessment, allowing us to plan for your project.
AdvantaClean of Marietta
2265 Roswell Rd #100
Marietta, GA 30062