Air Duct Cleaning
Air Duct Cleaning: What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning references the process used to clear heating and cooling systems of contaminants like dust, mold, and other particles. The process, as stipulated by the EPA, involves a complete cleaning of the ductwork. This includes eliminating all contaminants from supply and return pipes, heat exchange coils, drain pans, the fan motor and its housing.
It is important to know that indoor air pollution is recognized to be one of the top environmental health risks in the United States. Because contaminants in home airflow are large contributors to autoimmune disorders and allergies, duct cleaning will make your home a healthier and safer place to live by removing the factors that contribute to these illnesses.
Air Duct Cleaning is also important for maintaining the efficiency of your home heating and cooling system. Clean ducts allow air to flow more easily and freely, reducing the stress on your homes HVAC system and the power consumed in the process. This directly translates to smaller expenditures on monthly energy bills.
Call NADCA certified AdvantaCleanof SW Minneapolis for air duct cleaning!
Duct Cleaning: How to clean air ducts according to NADCA standards?
We guarantee a professional service that follows the strict parameters put forth by the National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA). Our carefully trained technicians will be polite and respectful in your home and conduct the process carefully in order to assure a pleasant and complete experience is provided.
Minneapolis Air Duct Cleaning Procedure
- All vents and returns will be reviewed and made accessible to the technicians by removing their protective cover temporarily and placing them on covers to prevent any damage to the home or floor.
- In order to maximize airflow during the cleaning process, cents and returns will be carefully sealed before the clearing begins in order to create a negative pressure within the system.
- A strong vacuum will be connected to the main trunk line. This is the portion of the process in which the majority of loose debris will be removed from the ducts, as it will be collected by the vacuum.
- In order to remove the contaminants that are more intensely lodged in the HVAC, high pressure compressed air whips will be inserted in the ducts to dislodge the remaining dust, dirt, grime, and debris.
Completion and Restoration
- Once the cleaning process is complete, our technicians will restore the air covers and your home to its original state, replacing the protective covers on the vents and returns as well as removing any safety guards placed on the floor.
- In accordance to NADCA standards, we will seal the main trunk with a metal access panel.
- After a review to ensure that the process has been complete and that all parts are correctly replaced, our technicians will answer any of your questions.
Call AdvantaClean of SW Minneapolis for an air duct cleaning estimate today! (651) 955-3446
Dirty Air Duct Job Before and After Photos