Crawl Space Encapsulation
WILL YOUR HOME BE DAMP THIS WINTER? IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE!
INTRODUCING THE ADVANTASEAL CRAWL SPACE ENCAPSULATION SYSTEM
More than 50% of the air you breathe in your home rises directly from the crawlspace. This air contains water vapor from the soil, as well as moisture that seeps through the concrete walls. This can lead to humidity-related problems in the house, such as musty odors and mold growth. In addition, most crawlspaces have vents to the outside, which allow damp, unconditioned outdoor air to enter your home, as well as manner of pests, insects, bacteria, and other undesirable elements. This can also contribute to musty odors and mold growth, as well as lost energy efficiency.
The AdvantaSeal Crawlspace Encapsulation System consists of three key elements, expertly installed by our highly trained and certified technicians:
- Plastic drain matting that completely covers the soil to manage groundwater, topped by a reinforced heavy plastic liner. This liner completely encapsulates the crawl space isolating the home from the damp soil below and the bare concrete walls on the sides. It protects from moisture intrusion, mold, rodents, insects, and other things that you don't want in your crawl space..
- Foam sealing of all outside air vents, as well as all penetrations from the crawl space up into the living area of the home. These penetrations include cut outs for plumbing, HVAC ductwork, and other holes that allow moist, unconditioned crawlspace air into the living space.
- A permanently installed, continually operating dehumidifier, which maintains the relative humidity in the crawlspace to below 50%, which is optional.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Improved indoor air quality.
- A dry, snug, and healthy home.
- Increased energy efficiency
- A crawlspace that is now usable for additional storage.