Dryer Vent Cleaning
Cleaning the dryer vent – Why is dryer vent cleaning important?
Clogged dryer vents can be costly to a home so cleaning the dryer vent is extremely important for a number of reasons.
According to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), a full load of wet clothes can contain up to one and a half gallons of water. With the drying process:
- Moisture is removed along with tiny fibers (lint)
- Lint and other debris accumulate in dryer vent ductwork
- Dark, moist ductwork becomes an ideal breeding ground for mold
Cleaning the dryer vent will cleanse the dryer vent system, removing all debris that have built up over time. Cleaning the dryer vent is an often overlooked, but important step in maintaining your home or building. A good rule of thumb is to have dryer vent and air duct cleaning performed at the same time.
Cleaning the dryer vent is also significant in reducing the risk of fire to your home. According to a recent FEMA study, 28% of residential clothes dryer fires were caused by dust, fiber and lint. Every year, there are an estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires causing an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries and $35 million in property loss.
Call 877-800-2382 for Dryer Vent Cleaning.
Cleaning the dryer vent: Facts you should know.
When a dryer vent is clogged, you should think about cleaning the dryer vent. Clogged dryer vents reduce airflow and force the dryer to work harder, which can cause:
- Temperature of the dryer to increase dramatically
- Accelerated thermostat failure
- Higher energy consumption
- Reduction in the lifespan of your appliance
Signs you need dryer vent cleaning:
- Consider cleaning the dryer vent if… it takes more than one drying cycle to dry one load of laundry
- Consider cleaning the dryer vent if … the dryer is hot to the touch indicating it is overheating
- Consider cleaning the dryer vent if … clothes smell “musty” after being in the dryer
- Consider cleaning the dryer vent if … you see an increase in energy bills (dryer has to run longer and work harder to dry clothes)
Did you know?
- Cleaning the dryer vent enables the dryer to perform properly
- Cleaning the dryer vent allows clothes to dry more quickly and evenly
- Cleaning the dryer vent can save $18-$24 on monthly power bills
- Cleaning the dryer vent creates peace of mind by eliminating a potential fire hazard
- Cleaning the dryer vent limits mold, mildew and other bacteria on your clothes and in your home