The Cost of Mold RemovalJuly 31, 2013 0 Comments
There are several factors that affect the costs associated with removing mold. The truth is that there is not an average price per square foot. Homeowners should beware if they do consult a mold removal company who boasts an average cost per square foot.
The Factors Associated with The Cost of Mold Removal
According to CostHelper.com, a professional mold inspection of a residential home runs $200 -$600, although larger homes (over 5,000 square feet) can be $600 -$900 and up. Additional costs will depend on the extent of the hidden mold and how much work is required to discover it.
Several different types of mold are present both outside and indoors. Usually, these types of mold (such as common plant mold) are benign, and only grow large colonies where there’s moisture.
Do-it-yourself test kits can become contaminated before use, does NOT recommend the kits it evaluated. And it’s usually not necessary to identify the type of mold growing in your home, according to the (CDC); just remove the mold without testing it.
If the water and/or mold damage was caused by sewage or black water/water that has been contaminated, then call in a professional who has experience cleaning and fixing buildings damaged by contaminated water.
Residential vs. Commercial mold removal process differences:
1. Time is Money: Limited productivity or business closure due to mold contamination can be costly to both your reputation and bank account – Remediation must be properly and efficiently achieved; while professional discrepancy is key.
2. Complexity: Commercial mold removal projects involve complicated HVAC/air purification systems, high-power data rooms, and/or intricately designed technical equipment.
It is critical that you choose a trained commercial mold specialist that is properly certified. Look for:
- IAQA/OSHA/NADCA and IICRC certifications along with ongoing education;
- Expertise with a broad project base and commercial property clients
- Proven professionalism, quality guarantee, and time/budget efficiency.