Simple Summertime TipsAugust 12, 2011 0 Comments
Summertime seasonal allergies begin in April and typically continue through October. The months of April and May are the blooming months for thousands of plants and flowers – tree pollen, mold, and mildew fills the air, especially in more humid areas.
A few simple home cleaning tips can help prevent those allergens from taking up residence in your home!
- Clean your vents: you can dust and clean the tops of the vents yourself and have a professional duct cleaner clean the inside of your ductwork.
- Dust: you want to thoroughly dust all surfaces, window sills, baseboards, ceiling fan blades, and even your plants (wiping the leaves down actually makes them healthier)!
- Vacuum: move your furniture to clean your carpets and rugs, going over each section a few times (you may want to clean out the brushes on the bottom of the vacuum cleaner to improve its performance).
- Clean your textiles: while bed sheets are cleaned fairly often, it’s easy to forget about quilts, blankets, and pet beds that should be cleaned quarterly.
- Use baking soda: baking soda is regularly used to absorb odors, so set some out in various rooms throughout your home (try putting it in a decorative container)!
- Open the windows: open a window on each side of your house to promote a healthy breeze, which helps to clear stagnant air and push polluted air out.
- Use white vinegar: use white vinegar to clean your linoleum floors – it’s a natural deodorizer!
For information on professional air duct cleaners or professional mold remediators, visit the AdvantaClean website.