Preparing Your Home for a Holiday VacationDecember 5, 2011 0 Comments
Leaving for vacation typically requires some upfront preparations, but taking a wintertime holiday vacation deserves extra precautions. Here are a few tips to prepare your home for taking a winter vacation to prevent any water damage:
- Check your plumbing.
- Turn off the water supply to your toilets.
- Turn off the waterlines running to your washer.
- Wrap insulation around any water pipes (hot or cold) that run through unheated areas (like your crawlspace or porch).
- Adjust your thermostats down to between 50 and 55 degrees.
- Unplug electrical equipment (computer, monitor, TV, cable box, etc.).
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater.
Of course, it’s always best to take preventative measures to protect your home. Occasionally, though, even the most well-prepared homes can experience unexpected problems. If that happens, call AdvantaClean to help restore order.