How to Save Money with These 6 Holiday Hacks!December 7, 2016 0 Comments
Holiday Hacks: How to Save Money This Holiday Season!
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, with toys in every store” … and wrapped under your tree; in the mail on the way from the East Coast to the West; and on the desks of your little ones’ teachers, superintendents, and school principals. As much as we love the holidays and all that they represent, there’s no denying that this time of year can be pretty costly. Do you want to learn how to save money this holiday season? Fortunately, we’ve put together a list of holiday hacks explaining how to save money this holiday season.
How To Save Money💰 This Holiday Season
- Use LED lights💡. According to Wired, running as many as 25,000 twinkle lights just for four hours costs about $11 a day, or $0.04 per minute. By switching to brighter, safer, and more eco-friendly ENERGY STAR® qualified LED light strands, you'll wind up using 70% less energy than with traditional bulbs, helping you save money.
- Turn down the heat. Feel free to turn down the thermostat if you’re having people over, taking advantage of the body heat that generates in your home instead.
- Save Money on Holiday Travel. Book your flight either before the first week in November or between December 4 and December 10. According to Travelocity, this is when airfare prices are at their lowest for the holiday season.
- Pay attention when cooking can help save money. The Consumer Energy Center of the California Energy Commission suggests resisting the urge to open the oven door when cooking. Instead, turn on the oven light and check the cooking status through the oven window. Opening the oven door lowers the temperature inside by as much as 25 degrees, which increases cooking time and wastes energy.
- Send postcards. Postage for postcards costs less than postage for card/envelope combinations; plus, you won’t have to buy an envelope. Better yet, send eCards!
- Save Money, Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned. A thorough air duct cleaning can yield long-term energy savings, not just around the holidays. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Bob Baker and Ross Montgomery explain that dirty coils and blowers can cut efficiency by as much as 40%.
We hope this “Holiday Hacks: How to Save Money This Holiday Season” guide helps explain how to save money so you can spend the most wonderful time of year focusing on making memories instead of making payments!