7 Tips to Keep Rodents Out of Crawl SpaceOctober 31, 2016 0 Comments
How to Keep Rodents Out of Crawl Space
Are you having a problem with rodents in your crawl space? Careful … it’s important to keep rodents out of crawl space not just because they’re unsightly! Rodents can cause a lot of damage – the holes they make in your crawl space plastic, insulation, and walls damage the vapor barrier that’s protecting it from outside moisture and potential mold growth.
Keep Rodents Out of Crawl Space 🐍
To keep rodents out of crawl space, here are a few tips you can follow to make your crawl space less attractive to them:
- Never store food items in your crawl space.
- Put a 💡 light in your crawl space.
- Eliminate water and humidity.
- Use a “rat slab,” a thin plate of metal, thick plastic, or stone, to deter tunneling rodents.
- Seal any holes or cracks.
- Remove low-hanging shrubbery from around the edge of your home. 🏡
- Avoid piles of brush or wood build-up.
What to Do If You’re Experiencing Crawl Space Moisture Issues
If you already have a rodent problem, chances are, you have a moisture problem, too. Some solutions for dealing with crawl space moisture issues are as simple as installing a crawl space vapor barrier, addressing the grade of your landscaping, or properly guttering rainwater away from the property; however, a crawl space service expert may be necessary to solve your issue.
AdvantaClean offers crawl space moisture control solutions:
- Crawl space inspection
- Moisture control products
- Crawl space insulation
- Crawl space vapor barrier
- Crawl space encapsulation – AdvantaSeal
- Controlling moisture and humidity in the home
- Black mold removal
- Drainage and sump pump installation – AdvantaDrain
More info? For more information about common places for moisture in your home, check out our related post: Crawlspace Moisture Problems.