Before the StormOctober 26, 2012 0 Comments
No matter the type of severe weather, there are always three essential steps to disaster and emergency preparedness:
- Have a disaster supply kit readily available.
- Develop a plan for what you and your family will do before disaster strikes.
- Stay informed during severe weather any way you can.
Do your homework
Review your insurance coverage for your home and business.
- Speak with your insurance agent or provider to make sure you have the coverage you need.
- Determine your flood insurance eligibility homeowners insurance typically does not cover flood damage.
- Protect your windows.
- Protect your doors.
- Secure your garage door.
- Be wise about window myths. Tape does not protect your windows from flying debris. It might keep more of the glass together when impacted, but it will not keep it in place.
If you’ve experienced water damage, AdvantaClean can help.