Avoid High Holiday Heating CostsDecember 12, 2012 0 Comments
Winterize your home to avoid the high cost of heating this holiday season:
- Replace your air filters – A dirty air filter slows down air flow, causing your system to work harder and waste energy. Replace your heating and air conditioning system’s air filters every month to prevent dust and dirt from building up in the system, which can lead to expensive maintenance.
- Check your vents and ducts – Remove dust from vent covers and make sure that all vents are open and unblocked by furniture or other items. This will ensure that warm air is being evenly distributed throughout your home.
- Insulate your attic – Attics account for nearly 80% of heat gain and loss in homes.
- Check for leaks around windows and doors – Make sure they seal tightly and have door sweeps at the bottom to prevent air leaks. Caulk any cracks around the windows and make sure they seal tightly to save 10 percent or more on your energy bill.
- Clean your air duct system – Air duct cleaning can greatly improve your air conditioning system’s efficiency, resulting in lower monthly energy bills.
If you need your air ducts cleaned, call AdvantaClean – a nationwide company that specializes in air duct cleaning, and start saving today!