Asthma Triggers, Dust MitesJuly 10, 2012 0 Comments
According to the EPA, dust mites are tiny bugs that are too small to see.
Every home has dust mites. They feed on human skin flakes and are found in mattresses, pillows, carpets, upholstered furniture, bedcovers, clothes, stuffed toys and fabric and fabric-covered items.
Actions you can take:
- Clean your air duct system. (Pollen and mold spores can get trapped in your duct work, which means that it’s being continuously circulated throughout the air you breath at home.)
- Wash bedding in hot water once a week. Dry completely.
- Use dust proof covers on pillows and mattresses.
- Vacuum carpets and furniture every week.
- Choose stuffed toys that you can wash. Wash stuffed toys in hot water.
- Dust often with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum carpet and fabric-covered furniture to reduce dust build-up using a high efficiency (HEPA) filter.
If you need your air ducts cleaned, call AdvantaClean – a nationwide company that specializes in air duct cleaning, and start breathing easier today!