Air Duct Dangers: Are Your Dirty Air Ducts Making You Sick?August 6, 2015 0 Comments
Air Duct Dangers: Are Your Dirty Air Ducts Making You Sick?
Did you know that one out of every six allergy sufferers’ symptoms can be directly linked to the fungi and bacteria found in their air duct systems? According to a 2005 study conducted by the National Institutes of Health and cited in Total Health Magazine, the most common home allergens are seasonal pollen, mold, dust, dust mites, animal dander, and chemicals including formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds, conventional paint and finishes, and permanent fabric treatments.
How to avoid air duct dangers
By improving air flow and reducing the sources of these particulates, chemicals, and moisture, you can avoid air duct dangers and lower your home’s levels of typical airborne allergens.
To avoid the health hazards caused by unhealthy air, consider the following tips for ways to eliminate air duct dangers and to improve your home’s indoor air quality:
- Have your HVAC system inspected and cleaned by an air duct cleaning professional. Cleaning your air duct system removes the particulates and chemicals that are trapped in your ductwork, minimizing air duct dangers.
- Use central air conditioning set on “recirculate.”Doing this excludes much of the pollen and mold from the air in your home.
- Use a vacuum with double-bagging, or a HEPA filter.
- Cut back on the carpeting and drapes. Consider tile and hardwood, and roll up shades instead.
- Take off your shoes right outside the door, before coming inside, or at least wipe them well on an outdoor mat.
More info? For more tips on how to how to avoid air duct dangers, check out one of our other posts, Survive Spring Allergies.
Call 877-957-5670 to schedule an air duct cleaning or mold inspection with AdvantaClean today!