After the StormOctober 29, 2012 0 Comments
Dangers from a hurricane do not end with the storm.
- Wait until authorities announce it is safe before attempting to return home.
- Have a professional check for damage to your home, as well as the quality of service from your water, gas, electric, and sewer lines.
- Know that first responders may be delayed in reaching your community or impacted area for a prolonged period.
- Avoid roads covered by water and/or debris, and avoid downed power lines.
- Bring necessities, such as food and water, with you when you return.
- Only use a generator in a well-ventilated area and adhere to all manufacturer instructions.
- Use flashlights instead of candles.
- Check food in your refrigerator for spoilage, but keep any water. It may be some time before you can rely on the quality of tap water.
- Keep children and pets inside. If pets must be walked outside, keep them on a leash.
- Wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing during any cleaning.
- Contact your insurance company to begin the claims process.
If you’ve experienced water damage, AdvantaClean can help.